With the Easter break just around the corner, many are getting ready for a family holiday. If you are heading away for a well-earned break, are you well prepared with a checklist, or are you planning to make it up as you go along? No matter which way you prefer to travel, there are some things you should not leave home without.
In case you’re still undecided, we at Melbourne Car Rental have curated a checklist that should come in handy for any prospective traveller this Easter. No doubt some will see this list as unnecessary. We have tried to make more of a general list that every traveller in Australia should benefit from. Remember this is not the final list but covers most of the essentials.
- Driving licence: The most important piece of document every traveller should carry even if he or she is not travelling in a rental car or private car. In addition, the driving license also adds up as a Proof of Identity, which you might need time to time during the course of your travel. In case you are travelling abroad, are you aware you can get an international driving licence locally? This license is very helpful if you want to rent a car outside Australia where English is not spoken.
- Passport: Once again, if you are travelling abroad, you will require a Passport. Although there are a few countries that permit Australians an entry without a passport, we still recommend you to carry a Passport.
- Visas for Australians travelling overseas: A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter transit or remain in a particular country. Although Australian Citizens can travel most of the world by getting a Visa on arrival, you should always check what is required for entry into the country you are travelling. Remember, not all countries have representation in Australia and vice versa so do your research before you leave.
- Child Seat: If travelling with little children or babies, child seats are essential and mandatory in Australia. Most rental car companies have them available for hire so be sure to book them early during peak periods so you do not miss out.
- Charging for your phone: We might sound dumb here, but our experience of facilitating travels at Melbourne Car Rental has taught us one thing: Travellers often forget to carry charging equipment for their phones. We do not always have spare adaptors available, but it is worth asking if we can help out if you do not have any way of charging your phone.
Easter Holidays is a great time to spend with your family and friends. You can make the most of your precious time off by being prepared. Plan accordingly before you go and spend more time relaxing while you are away.