The winters in Australia are more than the beanies, puffer jackets,, boots, fireplaces and cozy blankets. We can’t forget to mention the everyday talks about ‘It is so cold!’. The only way to make the winters in Melbourne special is by grabbing a chance to hit the road this season.
Vacations, one-day trips, adventures, road tripping, a warm stay, greener pastures by the open fire, art walks, open houses, campfires – there is a lot to experience and do in Melbourne. With the best car hire services from the Melbourne Airport, Melbourne Car Rental provides a list of best places to hit the road in Melbourne during winters.
1. The Yurt Alpine Retreat : Just at a 3-hours drive from Melbourne, this place is something you would expect in the region between Los Angeles and San Francisco. This rustic location offers a breathtaking view with a campfire. Just get your camping supplies along!
2. The Airstream in Bright : The iconic caravan is located right near the river and the private deck here is perfect for a morning coffee or some whiskey in the evening.
3. Mount Buller : The temperature drops below zero during the winter here and the region experiences a good amount of snow. This makes it ideal for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoe walks and also has a sled dog tour. The place also offers an Alpine Spa Treatment if you are not too much into winter sports.
4. Yarra Valley : A burst of winter travel spots, the valley has the Coombe Melba Estate, Yarra Valley Chocolaterie, Locale Restaurant At De Bortoli for amazing local food and Yarra Valley Lodge.
5. Warrnambool for Whale Watching : Logan’s Beach on the eastern side of Warrnambool is a conservation site for the Southern Right Whale. The coastline also offers the best sightings of little penguins, Australian fur seals, and the common dolphins.
So, if you like the snowy aspect of winter, the mountains offer a lot of fun. If you are not into skiing or snowboarding, the Yarra Valley offers many laid back experiences with spectacular scenery and fine wines. For all the winter exploration ideas and car hire & rental services from Melbourne Airport, feel free to call us on +61 3 9335 4877.
Embrace the colder months in Melbourne with fantastic events, ice skating, shopping, plenty of heart warming food and drinks – all by hitting the road with your family, loved ones or alone.